Being a Knotty Girl is more than just having natural hair. It is a lifestyle. A Knotty Girl is the perfect blend of beauty, intelligence, style, fun, sass and class. You can find a Knotty Girl dancing on the bar but making sure she is hitting the books hard the next day. She can switch it up easily, rocking her curls and pearls or sneakers and a t-shirt. Whatever she does she will always be her number one influence and not let negativity get in her way. Whether Knotty or nice she is never afraid to bring out her kinky side. We set these standards for ourselves and challenge you to be the Knottiest you can everyday. Live your life, be free and whatever you do stay Knotty ;)



-xo Courtney & Darshanay

top

Monday, September 24, 2012

Good HEAD:Dezzy



Introduce yourself ! 

I’m Dezzy! I’m a 20 year old Cali girl who is now obsessed with natural hair. In December I will be attending NPTI, which is a school for personal training & nutrition. Eventually I’m going to open my own gym “Organic Fitness”. Since going natural I have become more health conscious & more into holistic health. So yea I’m a meditating weirdo J


How long have you been natural?

My last relaxer was in grade school, everyone warned me not to get one but I wanted hair like my cousins. I realized everyone was right when I went to wash my hair & couldn’t put it in a low ponytail. I’ve been wearing my hair out for about 3 years now.
I did a long-term transition. I wore a lot of weaves & flat ironed my hair once every two weeks when I was transitioning.





Whats is your regimen?

I shampoo once a month with Shea Moisture “curl & shine shampoo” & in between washes I co-wash with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner. I also dc once a week. I twist my hair once or twice a week & wear a protective style when I’m being lazy. Thanks to Courtney I’m waiting for my Qhemet Biologics products to arrive, I’m going to add them to my regimen soon.

Did going natural change your personal style

Yes but not drastically. I accessorize more, wear less make up & became more comfortable with who I am.

If your hair could talk what would it say?

My hair would say “finally, I can breathe!!” It would also thank me for finally taking proper care of it. I think my hair is a diva.com she pretty much runs everything.

Do you consider yourself a Knotty Girl? and why?

Yes I do consider myself a knotty girl. I adore my hair & all the compliments I get but I also stay humble because exterior beauty eventually fades. I love to socialize but I also stay track of my dreams & goals. I try to spread nothing but love & positivity because negativity doesn’t get anything accomplished. I love my new natural lifestyle because I’m finally doing what makes me happy & taking care of Dezzy.

What do you love most about your good head?(Hair Everyone Adores Desires)

I love that my hair can transform into anything I want it to be. I love my curls, kinks, & coils because they tell a story. A story about the beauty of our culture. Black women are constantly imitated & I think that is something we should be proud of. My hair is a blessing because it is exactly the way God intended it to be. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...