Being a Knotty Girl is more than just having natural hair. It is a lifestyle. A Knotty Girl is the perfect blend of beauty, intelligence, style, fun, sass and class. You can find a Knotty Girl dancing on the bar but making sure she is hitting the books hard the next day. She can switch it up easily, rocking her curls and pearls or sneakers and a t-shirt. Whatever she does she will always be her number one influence and not let negativity get in her way. Whether Knotty or nice she is never afraid to bring out her kinky side. We set these standards for ourselves and challenge you to be the Knottiest you can everyday. Live your life, be free and whatever you do stay Knotty ;)



-xo Courtney & Darshanay

top

Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't Stop Big Chop: Tye




 Why did you big chop?
 I big chopped because my hair was extremely damaged from flat ironing my hair on too high  heat and on a weekly basis . Its was broken off because I was pulling all the moisture out flat ironing and wash my hair too much. At the beginning when I chopped the first time I had waves  that could make you seasick (lol) and curls that lasted for days but as I kept mistreating my hair the curls and waves faded away.

When did you big chop?
 I recently big chopped my hair for the second time Monday July 30th 2012.

How did you feel? What was your reaction? 
 One day I realize how  straight my hair was while in the natural state and I started contemplating chopping and starting over. After last weekend at the return of the curls natural expo I really came to conclusion if I want my hair healthy again I would have to cut it off. And keyword healthy because my hair was already long in the three years I've been growing it since I first cut my hair and now it was at a staggering 18inches . So yes this was a big deal.  my best friend and I went to Hair Cuttery that Monday and I chopped it all off ...I was nervous at first but then as the dead hair left my head I started to see life back in my hair , my curls were resurrecting them selves.


What are you doing to take care of your hair?
 I have taken a vowel not to straighten my hair for a year and deep condition a lot more and I seal my moisture with coconut oil  and jamaican black castro oil .I have braids in now and I am still conditioning and oiling making sure my hair doesn't break and split.

Do your regret your decision?
 I don't regret it and I'm digging The short hair look.

What words of encouragement would you give someone contemplating the big chop?
   My words of advice is to be patient with natural hair and be very cautious.  when thinking about big chopping be sure and ready . Do your research  and make sure your ready for the commitment .other than that you better do it!  I am natural and I am happy about my big chop experience! :) thanks for reading!




                                                                                 

                                 


                      




              





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...