Being a Knotty Girl is more than just having natural hair. It is a lifestyle. A Knotty Girl is the perfect blend of beauty, intelligence, style, fun, sass and class. You can find a Knotty Girl dancing on the bar but making sure she is hitting the books hard the next day. She can switch it up easily, rocking her curls and pearls or sneakers and a t-shirt. Whatever she does she will always be her number one influence and not let negativity get in her way. Whether Knotty or nice she is never afraid to bring out her kinky side. We set these standards for ourselves and challenge you to be the Knottiest you can everyday. Live your life, be free and whatever you do stay Knotty ;)



-xo Courtney & Darshanay

top

Monday, August 13, 2012

Bye before,Hello after

The picture you see to the left is me last year around this time at a hooping event weighing in at 180lbs.To the right you see me now. I thought it would be a good time to show my progress now that I have met my first weight loss goal of losing 30 pounds. In January of this year I made the typical new years resolution; to loose weight and try to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I am proud to say that I stuck to my goal and didn't give up. The journey to loosing weight is one I never really imagined for myself. Like many young women , I complained about my body but I never really did anything about it . When I did try I quickly gave up simply because I was comfortable with myself. Growing up I was always a little bit chubbier than most and my weight would go up and down so much I didn't pay much attention to what was going on with my body.To quote Mean Girls" I used to think there was just fat and skinny. But apparently there's lots of things that can be wrong on your body." I always thought I was just in between but I was more so on the fat side of the spectrum.I was never really called fat (at least not to my face) and the girl you see to your left still had the same confidence as I do now.Though I have a more pounds to loose until I reach my ultimate weight loss goal, I am proud of myself for making it this far. This is only the begining!

  -Darsh

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...