Being a Knotty Girl is more than just having natural hair. It is a lifestyle. A Knotty Girl is the perfect blend of beauty, intelligence, style, fun, sass and class. You can find a Knotty Girl dancing on the bar but making sure she is hitting the books hard the next day. She can switch it up easily, rocking her curls and pearls or sneakers and a t-shirt. Whatever she does she will always be her number one influence and not let negativity get in her way. Whether Knotty or nice she is never afraid to bring out her kinky side. We set these standards for ourselves and challenge you to be the Knottiest you can everyday. Live your life, be free and whatever you do stay Knotty ;)



-xo Courtney & Darshanay

top

Monday, August 20, 2012

Good HEAD:Bridgette


Our first featured Knotty Girl.

Introduce yourself ! 
I am 22 years old. I've been natural for about a year and a half. I am a senior at Old Dominion University and I will be graduating in December :). I'm on a mission to get my hair healthy and long within the next five years.

 How long have you been natural?
 I received my last relaxer July 2010. February 2011 I cut the remainder relaxer out of my head. I've been  completely natural for 18 months.

Did you transition or big chop?
I transitioned July 2010- February 2011. During that time I continued to flat iron my hair and I got Senegalese twists. As I took my twists out, I was eager to see my curl pattern so I started cutting the relaxer out. My best friend ended up coming over later and helped me cut the rest out.


Whats is your regimen?
I try not to use shampoos and mostly co- wash. I try to do a deep conditioner every time I wash my hair so that's about once every two weeks. Other than that I moisturize, detangle, and twist/ braid my hair every night to ensure that my fro will be somewhat on point.

Did going natural change your personal style?
Going natural didn't necessarily change my personal style, if anything it enhanced it. It allowed me to have more originality and versatility. It set me apart from many others because I was able to manipulate it into different styles.

If your hair could talk what would it say?
If my hair could talk it would say, 'I'm wild and care- free.' It would also say it loves how much healthier it is and enjoys the attention that it receives daily from various on- lookers whether natural, relaxed, black, or other races. It would also say how great of a decision this was and even though things were weary in the beginning, it ended up being one of the greatest decision.

 Do you consider yourself a Knotty Girl? and        
 why?
Yes, I would consider myself a knotty girl. I love my natural hair and I can style it in various ways to fit
whatever look I'm going for the day. I enjoy stepping out with my friends yet I value my school work and
education. I have various goals that I look forward to accomplishing and I refuse to let anyone stand in my way.

What do you love most about your good head?(Hair Everyone Adores Desires)
The things I love most about my good head is the versatility. When I first went natural I was very self conscious. I didn't think I could do much with my hair and began regretting my decision. As time went on I started playing with my hair and learning new things and styles to do with it. I love how I can wear my hair straight or curly and how I can do various styles that a relaxer once hindered me from doing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...