Being a Knotty Girl is more than just having natural hair. It is a lifestyle. A Knotty Girl is the perfect blend of beauty, intelligence, style, fun, sass and class. You can find a Knotty Girl dancing on the bar but making sure she is hitting the books hard the next day. She can switch it up easily, rocking her curls and pearls or sneakers and a t-shirt. Whatever she does she will always be her number one influence and not let negativity get in her way. Whether Knotty or nice she is never afraid to bring out her kinky side. We set these standards for ourselves and challenge you to be the Knottiest you can everyday. Live your life, be free and whatever you do stay Knotty ;)



-xo Courtney & Darshanay

top

Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Favs

With school approaching and summer winding down, I just wanted to share a few of my staple items this summer.





  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB- So I'm an everyday makeup kinda girl, even in the summertime( yes i know) I just hate how uneven my skin tone and my face can get extremely oil so make up seems to calm it down. However, I've been trying to ween myself off the makeup so this product is great for that. It's not a foundation, more like a tinted moisturizer and its supposed to be extremely healthy for you skin. You can either apply it as you would a regular moisturizer or apply it with a brush. I did both depending on how much time I had. It also doubles as a sun screen. I don't know how this product will work in the winter time so we shall see. 


  •  Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Leave In- Whew that is a mouthful but I loveee this product. My hair loves leave ins so I always have one in my regimen. For the past two years my favorite had been Kinky Curly's Knot Today. I had the pleasure of receiving almost the whole line of Karen't Body Beautiful and not one product has disappointed me yet. This product provides slip and moisture and also comes in thirteen different scents. How cool is that?

  • Goody QuikStyle Brush-  I was really excited when I heard about this brush because my hair takes forever to dry and blow drying it isn't the healthiest alternative. This brush has little microfiber towels in between the bristles so it takes some of the water out of your hair while detangling. After detangling my hair I can say my hair was atleast half way dry compared to wait for it to air dry. The only downside to this product is I don't know how to clean it lol..So it gets weighed down with moisture after a while. But its great for someone who does a lot of swimming. 


  • High Waist Shorts- For the record, I wanted to say I've been wearing high waists and cuts off before it became "cool". To me distressing denim was just something I did when jeans got to short or small lol. Anyway high waist is perfect for girls like me who don't have to much of a shape. They create an illusion that you have a waist. They are also perfect for girls with a little pouch (like me lol) but still want to wear crop tops without having all that baby fat hanging out!
  • Ulta Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss- I'm so glad I happened to go in Ulta one day. I run threw my MAC lip glasses wayy too quickly and got tired of spending 14-16 dollars on them. This Ulta brand lip gloss is the same quality as MAC's and they also have the same exact colors for half the price. Sometimes you can catch them buy 1 get 1 one free. Can't beat that!
  • Hair One for Curly Hair- I had been wanting to try Wen for a while and this product is comparable to that. It is sold at Sally's for about 10 dollars and they also have sample packs if you're not ready for the commitment. This product comes in a curly formula, dry and for oil hair. It triples as shampoo, conditioner and leave-in. I don't use it for a leave in but for a co wash it gets the job done for a good price. 


I've been on a budget this summer so that is pretty all I have been using for my everyday looks. What are some things that you couldn't live without this summer?

-Cee



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...